Header Ads

Header ADS

The ULTIMATE Glass Cleaner Test - Which one is the BEST?

Today we are going to be testing bottled glass cleaners. First, allow me to show you our testing
surface. This is the rear window from my 1991 Toyota Tercel. It's been sitting in my back yard
completely exposed for close to two years, It's time to put these glass cleaners to the ultimate test. 

  • I bought five bottles they are 
  • rain-x automotive glass cleaner,
  • armor-all glass cleaner, 
  • invisible glass cleaner, 
  • Turtle Wax quick and easy - and glass interior detailer, 
  • and Windex. 
  1. Okay I finally got the rear window completely taped up and each section is marked with a
corresponding bottle of glass cleaner, we're gonna be doing these in order from one to five and I'm
gonna try my hardest not to get any overspray on any of the other sections, sadly most of these
cleaners want you to spray the cleaner directly on the glass first, then wipe it off, and what I'm gonna
do to thoroughly test these is I will repeat it as many times as it takes to get the glass clear.

I know this window is far dirtier than any window that you guys probably have at home but I wanted to

put these through the toughest test possible in the toughest conditions and this is it. So we'll be judging
these based on the final result of the glass and probably how many applications it took each one to get
all the dirt off. 


it says right here that it outperforms leading auto glass cleaners are moving tough bug residue, now I
don't have any bug residue on here, but what I do have is some tree sap, I mean these were in the
woods I forgot to mention will be wiping off all of these with a typical blue shop towel mainly, because
this is what most people have lying around their garage, Stole a little bit of dirt left on there but for one
application that was incredibly good holy crap, let me get a closer look at that
as soon as the dirt got wet with the rain-x it just slid right off, there was no and I mean you can see the
reflection of that piston, that's a pretty clean surface for just one application, not any streaks.

No. 2: Armor All Glass Cleaner. 

it's going to give you a crystal-clear streak-free shine, you're the same thing that they all say
ammonia-free safe on auto glass, spray onto glass and wipe it dry. This one smells awful-this smells
terrible, not saying that the reenact smelled good but it didn't have a very harsh smell, there's still some
dirt on there, I can tell you right off the bat that this even though it smells terrible doesn't seem to be as
powerful as the rain acts.
I'll get you guys down closer in here you can see right now the Brand X is evaporating getting rid of
those streaks, it's a little bit hazy err than the side with the rain-x, it did get all the dirt off though,
I do give it props for that a top contender we're gonna go back and check how all these fared at the end.
It did get all the dirt off in one pass so I'm gonna say that's good. 
No.3: Invisible Glass. 

I've heard good things about this. I mean it says right there cleans glass so well you'll think it's invisible
kind of speaks for itself. It's God all the same claims that every other thing has streak-free super clear
crystal clear. How will it hold up? Who knows, let me get the paper towel ready, all right number three
once again I'm going to be very careful not to overspray onto other sections and we'll see how this goes,
that's not too bad.
It's getting it smells very similar to the armor-all but not as strong, that same horrible chemical smells
and one of the reasons that I'm bringing up smells is because one of our competitors claims to smell
good. So we can see that this again did get all the dirt off which is amazing because it looked like that.
You can see it's evaporating as we speak, the armor-all is almost completely evaporated now and
looking good, but you can see the rain-x is still trying to evaporate. So trying to get those last little
streaks out of here but the armor-all evaporates it quickly. Which is nice and even though at first, it
looked kind of hazy it now actually does look really good.

That's pretty clear glass even the invisible glass has already evaporated and the rain-x is still wet. That

invisible guy came out good too. 


No.4: Turtle Wax.

One of the reasons I grabbed this is because it does specifically say glass in the title and at least at my
local stores, I couldn't find a Turtle Wax glass specific cleaner. This was the closest I could get. It says
right here better performance plus Caribbean crush scent, so we're gonna see if the performance is
actually better and hopefully it smells good. Tran real careful not to get too much spray on everything
else that's enough, just a second that smells good that smells like a very nice candle or air freshener.

Swipe off the skirt, see they all kind of deceived me because they look Wow got that dirt they look misty

like right away, but then when they evaporate it clears up this is looking pretty good, this is looking good,
I did overspray a little bit on to number two I can see the spots, so we'll just kind of disregard that section
of number two so I can tell that I contaminated it, that looks good you can see through there nicely.


No.5: Classic Windex. 

You can put it on anything, Windex is a pretty tried-and-tested product now obviously Windex works well
but I do have a word of caution about Windex. All these other ones are automotive glass cleaners and
they all advertise that they're safe on tint and that they're ammonia-free.
Windex advertises none of this so this stuff might ruin your tent. It smells like ammonia I'm assuming
there's ammonia in it, and just a word of caution even though this one
does perform quite well. I wouldn't just go out and grab a bottle of this if you have tinted windows or
possibly stickers on your windows that you don't want to get messed up, because this might mess it
up, just a warning.



We're back it's been about ten minutes and I'm just gonna say right now are they all equal, the answer
is no. The rain-x never evaporated still sitting there, armored all the armor all have left some streaks,
there you go there's an accurate representation could see some up-and-down streaks.

The invisible glass is pretty much perfect there's nothing, it's so clean and clear and crisp it's perfect.

Very light streaks from the Turtle Wax oh you can see them right there on that light, and the Windex like
the invisible glass is pretty much perfect.
I would say the invisible device is a little bit better just side by side so I got two answers for you guys if
you're looking for absolute perfection get the invisible glass, Clearly, the best if you are looking for the
perfect glass finish, will go invisible glass for the best glass ever and if you just want good glass cleaner
that can also clean other stuff get Turtle Wax. I could test wipes let me know in the comments because I
know those are a little more convenient to keep in your car other than that I hope you enjoyed this
article. my goal here was to make the best glass cleaner comparison.

No comments

Theme images by Nikada. Powered by Blogger.